- Fighting the Economy
- IN THE CORNER WITH THE RING DOC: Traumatic brain injury and the future of Pac-Man
- Hand Wraps – What’s The Big Deal?
- Imi Lichtenfeld – The Man Behind Krav Maga
- What is Cellulite? – by Daniel Rocha
- My Principles – By Daniel Rocha
- What is Krav Maga?
- Marine Corps Martial Arts: One Mind, Any Weapon by Ian Luna
- What’s in a Name? What is KNUXX?
- 11 Established Nutrition Myths BUSTED
Brett Rogers Discusses Bellator 71 Fight With Former Friend Kevin Asplund And More
Recently signed Bellator Heavyweight Brett Rogers recently spoke about his promotional debut against Kevin Asplund at Bellator 71 and what he see’s in his future. Here is what he had to say…
On taking this fight with his former friend and training partner Kevin Asplund:
“Our circle is divided. But in the end, everyone understood why I chose to sign for this bout. I’m going to let the world know I don’t hate this man, but I do want to relieve some stress by just getting in the cage. I could’ve gone over to his house at any time and took my frustrations out in the real world. I’m a real person when it gets down to it, and that’s why I’ve learned to just shut up and take out whatever in the cage. I’m a professional fighter and I try my best to keep it professional –especially after my situation here not too long ago. I don’t hate Kevin. If the tables were turned, I’d have done the same thing. But you’re going to do what you need to do when you need to do it, and why not? We’re going to do it like this.”
On what he see’s in his future:
“I’m all about getting back in there to prove to the world I’m a heavyweight to be watched for and I want titles. After this fight, that’s going to be my goal. I’m on a mission to rise to the top. Everything isn’t always peaches and cream. I’m feeling that roller-coaster effect. I’m not looking past (Asplund), but I have to. Looking past Kevin, there’s a lot of greatness that lies in front of me for me to take it, and I’m going to take it.”
Rogers vs Asplund will take place next week on June 22 at Bellator 71 from the Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack and Resort in Chester, West Virginia. The main card will air on MTV2 while spike.com will stream the prelims.
Below is the full card:
MAIN CARD (MTV2)
- Chris Davis vs. Travis Wiuff – Light-Heavyweight-tournament opening round
- Zelg Galesic vs. Attila Vegh – Light-Heavyweight-tournament opening round
- Richard Hale vs. Beau Tribolet – Light-Heavyweight-tournament opening round
- Roy Boughton vs. Emanuel Newton – Light-Heavyweight-tournament opening round
- Brett Rogers vs. Kevin Asplund
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike.com)
- Dan Spohn vs. Josh Stansbury
- Tim Carpenter vs. John Hawk
- Duane Bastress vs. Jason Butcher
- Neil Johnson vs. Brylan Van Artsdalen
- E.J. Brooks vs. Joey Holt