- Fighting the Economy
- IN THE CORNER WITH THE RING DOC: Traumatic brain injury and the future of Pac-Man
- Hand Wraps – What’s The Big Deal?
- Imi Lichtenfeld – The Man Behind Krav Maga
- What is Cellulite? – by Daniel Rocha
- My Principles – By Daniel Rocha
- What is Krav Maga?
- Marine Corps Martial Arts: One Mind, Any Weapon by Ian Luna
- What’s in a Name? What is KNUXX?
- 11 Established Nutrition Myths BUSTED
Lavar Johnson Replaces Mark Hunt To Meet Stefan Struve At UFC 146
UFC Heavyweight Lavar Johnson (17-5 MMA, 2-0 UFC) just got a great opportunity to continue moving up the Heavyweight ladder.
UFC officials have removed Mark Hunt (8-7 MMA, 3-1 UFC) from his scheduled bout against Stefan Struve (23-5 MMA, 7-3 UFC) at UFC 146 due to a reported knee injury. Johnson has replaced Hunt to face Struve on the all-Heavyweight UFC 146 card.
UFC 146 takes place Saturday, May 26 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Hunt yet to comment on the situation.
Johnson is coming off a first-round TKO victory over Pat Barry at UFC on FOX 3. Johnson had the following to say about this opportunity…
On taking the fight on short notice:
“Pray for me that I come out of this one OK,” Johnson joked to MMAjunkie.com(www.mmajunkie.com).
On his opponent, the 6′ 11″ Stefan “Skyscraper” Struve:
“I always seen him in there getting the crap beaten out of him and he finds a way to win. He’s a tough guy and very durable. It’s not going to be a cake walk. But I’m up for the challenge to see where I’m at.”