This post may contain affiliate links to products or services which, if you purchase, may result in my earning commissions at no additional cost to you.
KNUXX was the fighting and fitness brand that was started back in 2009. We had a pretty good run for about 3 years as we covered local combat sports, interviewed up-and-coming fighters and oftentimes gave play-by-play reports from local fights.
Then we stopped.
If you’ve come to our site in the past couple of years you probably noticed that there wasn’t much going on. Occasionally we would put up an article or add a link on Facebook to something that was interesting.
We wanted to let you know that we’re officially re-launching KNUXX in May.
We’ve done a pretty dramatic redesign of the website and we are changing the focus a little bit. We will still focus on writing great articles and covering local fighters (as best we can) but we now have a few professional fighters and coaches who will be doing gear reviews for us as well.
When we were at our peak we had over 30,000 pageviews per month! But the site was a bit clunky. It was spread out over 7 different sub-domains and each domain covered one area. We had over 4,000 articles published and 70 pages of content. That lead to some confusion and a lot of duplication.
So, we’ve pared that down to just one domain now, 9 pages, 2,100 posts (currently) and a more refined category structure. By combining everything we get a better user experience for the fans, our sponsors and the writers/contributors.
That also means that there’s still quite a bit of work to do to combine everything – so you might click on an occasional link that doesn’t work… give it time, we’re working on it. It’s also important to note that when we combined everything we lost a lot of the author attribution. We’ve tried to put the author at the top of each article but until we get their user accounts going again most articles will say they were written by “KNUXX Staff”. Contact me if you want to get that fixed!
What does this mean for content, site speed and focus?
The site will be faster (once all the changes get indexed) and the content changes will be more in line with what the KNUXX audience wants – we put some of our “Most Popular” articles on the current front page of the site. That will give you an idea of the type of content we will be producing.
Also, we will focus on 6 main categories now:
- Local – KNUXX will still cover the local fights, fighters, gyms and athletes. As you can guess we lost a few of our contacts since we “went dark” so this will take a bit of time to build back up. If you are interested in helping us out please contact us – or hit us up if you feel like you have a great story idea. The plan is to still cover the up-and-commers as well as the veterans.
- Combat Sports – We plan on covering the local and national news and articles for MMA, Boxing, Grappling, etc. We have a few great article ideas as well as some great infographics that will be coming out over the next few months.
- Fitness – One of the biggest changes will be on our focus of Fitness athletes, workouts, bodybuilding, health, injury prevention and nutrition information. We found that a lot of people would ask us about the fitness side of combat sports. What do fighters eat, what supplements do they take and many wanted to get an MMA athlete’s body but didn’t want to actually fight – so we’re going to talk about that in upcoming articles.
- Reviews – This will also be a big change for us. We never had the expertise or the talent in our network to do reviews – but we do now! We’ll do fight reviews, product reviews, gym reviews, website reviews, gear & equipment reviews and online store reviews. They will be similar to the review that Josh did for this RevGear Wrap Wrench
- Resources – We’re pretty excited to have teamed up with some great brands, sponsors, vendors and online stores (for example we now work with Bodybuilding.com and MMA Warehouse). We’ll bring you some great gym directories and other useful resources.
And, before I forget – we’ll have some exclusive discounts and deals with these vendors that we’ll share with you from time to time.
OR this one:
We hope to re-gain your support!
P.S. Before you go, let us know what you think about the site redesign and our revised direction. Just add a comment below!