Do you have something to say?
Have you been wanting to get into the world of sports journalism or do you have an opinion about almost everything? KNUXX is always looking for great people to help us cover the local combat sports & fitness communities. We strive to provide entertaining, informative and relevant articles that let people know what’s going on in their area. We can’t do this alone so we would love to hear what you have to say. We also offer an opportunity to cover the larger “national” events that happen almost every week – just let us know what you’re interests are.
- Do you feel that you have the knowledge, experience and skills required to be part of the team?
- Are you a coach, personal trainer, physician, referee, commissioner or just a great writer and do you want to contribute your stories?
- Do you want to get paid for your articles & for your efforts to share them with your friends?
If you answer with a resounding “YES!” then please read the following and fill out the form at the end.
We’re looking for rabid fans, coaches, personal trainers, physicians, referees, commissioners and GREAT bloggers & writers to provide 100% Original Content in the following categories (articles should include ample screenshots/images):
- News & Editorial Articles
- Product Reviews
- Buying Guides
- How-to Articles
- Health, Training, Nutrition & Fitness Tips
- Technical Fighting & Fitness Articles
- Special Projects (emailed to active authors when they come up)
- Experience Pieces (see example post titles below)
We look for articles and posts that engage the reader, entertain them or provide useful information.
Make your name. Get Paid. WHAT WE OFFER IN RETURN
You get Paid for your Effort (and sometimes free gear)!
We normally pay based on pageviews. We have custom software that tracks unique pageviews for each author and we pay you a set rate (depending on what we negotiate in the beginning) each month per 1000 views.
We will deposit the money monthly into your Paypal account and email you a report showing your views. We like to pay this way, and our writers like to get paid this way, since your monthly cut compounds as more of your content is posted to the site and more traffic is sent this way.
For example, we’ve had a contributor in the past who had 200 articles on our site and we were getting over 30,000 pageviews on his articles each month! This is a win-win for both of us since you get paid to write and promote your items and we get great content and increased traffic.
Occasionally we will pay “per piece” instead of pageviews. Several factors are considered when we pay per piece like – your current profession, your current reach, your depth of knowledge in the topic, the type of project we want and several other factors are considered.
A good example of this would be if you were a striking coach for a pro fighter and you wanted to write 1 article for us discussing your experience in the UFC. In this case we would pay you for your expertise and current reach.
Occasionally we get overloaded and can’t get to all the product reviews – when this happens we’ll send an email to see who is willing to get some free gear to test and keep – of course you have to write about it, that’s the only trade off!
You get Exposure – We accept bylined articles
Most writers love the fact that we include a byline with a link to your website. We allow you to mange your author profile byline and post it at the end of each of your articles.
If you have a blog of your own, an Online Store, have authored one, or many, books then feel free to include your credentials and links to your work. This can lead to a shared increase in traffic. If exposure is all you want then you can ask to not be paid and we can trade your work for backlinks or social media “shout-outs”. Please contact us if this interests you.
We allow you to submit your work in multiple formats
We understand that we live in an ever-changing fast information age. We want you to submit varied types of content – written articles, how-to videos, creative infographics, photo journals, or just about any other format you want. If you don’t want to sit down and type out a 1000 word article but would rather record a 5 minute video then feel free to do that. We have ways to track your views and pay you no matter how you want to “express yourself”.
Quick Publishing and Payment
We know what it’s like to try and make a living from your knowledge – our promise to you is that we will publish your content within 24 hours after you submit it and email us to let us know it’s ready (usually faster). We will edit it, validate any links, review it for flow, publish it and email you to let you know that you can start promoting it to your followers. At the end of the month we usually send payment within the first 5 days of the month.
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU
Quality Original Content
If you are interested in joining other KNUXX contributors —on a one-time or a regular basis—here are some guidelines when submitting an article:
- Articles should be original to the author and unpublished elsewhere.
- Articles should offer readers clear advice, thorough reviews, takeaways, and practical how-to tips about a specific product, website, health & nutrition tip or workout schedule. Bullet points are good (we like them if you can’t tell!). Writing words just to fill a page is a waste of everyone’s time.
- At the beginning of your article, list two or three bullet points summarizing its key takeaways—the lessons learned and the how-tos contained in the article.
- Include relevant links in parentheses, next to the words to be linked (i.e., do not embed the links) – once we check out the links in the articles we will embed them and post it.
- Submit articles via your login to the site (no PDF files, Word documents, Notepad submissions or email attachments).
- If you submit an article that mentions businesses or companies in which you have a vested interest, disclose as much to the audience.
- The author retains copyright, but KNUXX may reprint your piece, with full attribution, in our products, including marketing materials, emails or social media posts.
- We occasionally publish press releases as “article submissions” – if you want to get the word out about your event, your new gadget or your new “whatever”.